Learn about everything it takes to start seeing fish patients successfully! We will cover everything you need to get started, including equipment, capture, handling, sedation, how to give a fish a physical, surgical treatment and case examples from top experts in the field of pet fish medicine. This course includes two specialized lectures on how to best market your new services to reach pet fish owners and how to best utilize telemedicine options at your practice.
What you will learn:
- What equipment you will need to see fish patients (a lot of which you probably already have!)
- How to catch your fish patients quickly and efficiently
- How to give a fish a physical exam with INTERACTIVE LAB (BYOF(ish))
- Learn how to use various diagnostic tools on fish
- Learn what treatment protocols are available for fish patients
- Understand how surgical treatment is applied to pet fish
- Learn marketing strategies to target pet fish owners
- Understand how to best incorporate telehealth medicine options to serve your client base
Starts: Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 5pm PST (1 class a week for 8 weeks) - will be recorded for late participation
VETERINARIANS AND VETERINARY TECHNICIANS/NURSES ONLY (students for both also accepted) - All applicants will be approved by organizers.
Price: $250 for veterinarians and technicians; $125 for vet and tech students
This program has been RACE approved for 10 CE credits.